When will I get my W‐2?
- Your W‐2 will be mailed to you on or before January 31, 2023. You can also access your W‐2 on the ADP portal as soon as it is made available.
I didn’t receive my W‐2 in the mail. How do I get another copy of my W‐2?
- To get a copy of the W‐2 that was mailed to you, please log into the ADP website to access a copy of your W‐2.
How do I download my W‐2 from ADP?
- ADP Website (Desktop)
- Log into ADP. Click the Pay icon on the left‐hand side of the screen.
- You will see Tax Statements on the right‐hand side of your screen. Click Download Statement to download your 2021 W‐2.
- ADP Website (Mobile APP)
- Log into the ADP mobile app. Tap Pay at the top of the home screen.
- Scroll to the bottom. Under Additional Benefits, tap Tax Statements.
- Tap the download icon to download your 2021 W‐2.
How do I reprint a copy of my W‐2 if I don’t have access to a printer?
- We understand not everyone has a way to print their W‐2 themselves. We suggest you look to local establishments to print them, for example your public library, The UPS Store, FedEx Office, Office Depot, Staples or other mailing stores.
How do I go paperless for my W‐2?
- Visit myADP.com and log in. If you do not have an account, please review our ADP Registration Instructions Guide to get started.
- On the ADP home screen, click on your initials in the top right corner. Then click Settings.
- Click Go Paperless.
- Turn on the option to Receive Paperless Tax Statements.
- Review the Go Paperless Consent. Then click I Agree.
How do I register on ADP so I have access to my W‐2 electronically?
- An ADP Registration Instructions Guide is found on the CDCN website.
How do I reset my ADP password?
- Please review ADP’s support page for step‐by‐step password reset instructions: https://www.adp.com/contact‐us/support‐for‐employees/adp‐login‐help.aspx
While registering for ADP, what do I do if I receive a “Your account is locked” message?
- Please email CDCN and we will work with you to resolve the issue as fast as possible.
After registering for ADP, what do I do if I receive a “Your account is locked” message on the login screen?
- Click the “here” link in the error message to reset your account.
- If the issue persists, please email CDCN.
Can you provide W‐2 figures over the phone?
- No. Due to the confidential nature of the information we cannot provide figures over the telephone.
I didn’t work last year. Why did I get a W‐2?
- For tax reporting purposes, wages are reported when they are paid, rather than when they are earned. Wages earned in December 2020 but paid in January 2021 will be reported on the W‐2 for 2021.
How do I know what exemptions to claim?
- CDCN cannot tell you how many exemptions to claim. You may want to consult a tax professional to determine the filing status and exemptions that are best for you.
My federal income tax withheld in box 2 (or state in box 17) seems low (or is zero). Is this right?
- The amount of taxes withheld from your checks depends on several factors, such as gross pay, filing status (married or single), number of allowances claimed and types of deductions. If you believe the amount of taxes withheld from your checks is not correct, you may want to contact a professional tax advisor to determine what filing status is best for you. Everyone’s situation is different, and we cannot provide advice about your tax filing status. If you need to change your filing status for next year, please submit a new W‐4 to CDCN.
I received a blank W‐2. Is this an error?
- If the employee received a blank W‐2, the enrollment documents that you completed indicated that you qualified for the Difficulty of Care tax exemption. IRS Section 131 Notice 2014‐7 (Difficulty of Care) provides that certain Medicaid waiver payments are excludable from federal and state income tax.
- If an employee qualifies for this exemption, no wages are reported in Box 1 of the W‐2 and Federal and State taxes are not withheld. If you would like to learn more about the 2014-7 exemption, please visit the IRS website at: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/certain-medicaid-waiver-payments-may-be-excludable-from-income.
Can I stay Tax Exempt each year without filling out a new W‐4 (IRS Employee’s Withholding Certificate)?
- No, all caregivers who have claimed exempt on their State and/or Federal tax withholding forms in 2021 will need to re‐submit a new W‐4 in 2022 claiming tax exempt.
How do I get a copy of a W‐2 for the years 2019 and prior?
- Your 2019 W-2 from CDVA is posted on the DirectMyCare web portal. CDVA does not have W- 2s prior to 2019 because we didn’t provide service at that time in Virginia. To access a copy of your W-2 from 2020 or 2021, please register with ADP.com.
Why did I receive multiple W‐2s?
- You received multiple W‐2s because the Fiscal Agent name changed and/or you worked for multiple employers in 2021.
- The Fiscal Agent’s name and Employer’s name are identified in box C of the 2021 W‐2.
- The following are examples of Fiscal Agent names and a sample Employer name listed in Box C of the 2021 W‐2s received from CDCN:
- Consumer Direct Fiscal Vendor Agent for Virginia as Fiscal Agent for John Doe
- Consumer Direct for Virginia Premier LLC as Fiscal Agent for John Doe
- Consumer Direct for Virginia DMAS LLC as Fiscal Agent for John Doe
- Consumer Direct for Virginia AETNA LLC as Fiscal Agent for John Doe
- The W‐2s you received are NOT duplicates.
- To correctly report your wages and tax withholdings,
- Add the total of wages and the total of withholdings using all W‐2s received from CDCN
- If you are using tax preparation software like TurboTax, enter each W‐2 separately and the software will automatically total the amounts
Who do I call for Tax Advice?
Consumer Direct Care Network are not tax consultants and cannot provide tax advice. We recommend you contact a tax accountant or the IRS at www.irs.gov or by calling 800‐829‐4933.
Why does Statutory Employee, Retirement Plan and Third-Party Sick Leave not apply to me?
The reason they don’t apply is as follows:
- A statutory employee is someone who is treated like an employee but didn’t have any taxes withheld from their paycheck (this occurs frequently with employees who are 100% commission). This does not apply to you and the box should not have been checked.
- Having the “Retirement Plan” box checked means you had access to a retirement plan such as 401k at work. There was no retirement plan available to you from Consumer Direct Care Network Virginia; therefore, this box should not have been checked.
- Third-party sick pay means that you received payments for sick time from a company other than the one that employed you, such as an insurance company. This does not apply to you and the box should not have been checked.
I am a live-in Attendant who qualifies for the 2014-7 tax exemption; why am I seeing income listed in box 1 on my W-2 this year?
In 2022, eligible Attendants received a COVID Support payment, totaling $1000 before taxes. This payment was taxed at a supplemental rate, which will show on your W-2 as taxable income for 2022.