Who is CDCN?
Consumer Direct Care Network (CDCN or Consumer Direct) is the Fiscal/Employer Agent (F/EA) provider for individuals enrolled in certain waivers through Virginia’s Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS). As your F/EA, we provide superior customer service and support to Individuals throughout Virginia.
What programs does CDCN serve?
- The Community Living (CL) waiver;
- The Family Individual Supports (FIS) waiver;
- Health Insurance Premium Payment (HIPP) program;
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) waiver; and
- Any Consumer-Directed Fee-for-Service member not enrolled in managed care.
How long has CDCN been in business?
As of 2018, we have been providing care and support for people in their homes and communities for 28 years.
What is CDCN’s role as the F/EA?
As the F/EA, Consumer Direct will:
- Perform a Criminal History Record Name Search on all attendants.
- Perform a search of the Virginia Department of Social Services (Child Protective Services) Central Registry for findings of child abuse and neglect on prospective attendants providing care to participants under age 18.
- Perform required state and federal background and employment eligibility checks on attendants.
- Issue wages using direct deposit to the Attendant’s checking or savings account or to a U.S. Bank pay card.
- Withhold state and federal taxes and other withholdings for each attendant.
- File monthly, quarterly, and annual tax deposits and forms with state and federal agencies.
- Issue an IRS W-2 Wage Settlement to each attendant in January every year.
- Provide the Quarterly Service Report (QSR) four (4) times per year to review your Service Authorization.
- Answer questions about enrollment, timesheets, and payments.
- Help you and your attendants with the enrollment process.
How do I Contact Consumer Direct?
Toll-Free Phone Number: 1 (888) 444-8182
Toll-Free Fax: 1 (877) 747-7764
2112 W. Laburnum Avenue, Suite 112
Richmond, VA 23227
Customer Service inquiries will be handled by our Customer Service Center and may be escalated to local CDCN Program Coordinators.