Welcome to the November Service Facilitator Newsletter. Here are the latest updates from Consumer Direct Care Network Virginia (CDVA).
Legally Responsible Individuals (LRI) Requirements
The LRI requirements have been delayed until March 1, 2024, to allow families time to learn more, adjust to this change, and have additional opportunity to find an alternate caregiver and support services.
New guidelines are as follows:
- Temporary Appendix K will end on February 29, 2024, and the new LRI process will begin on March 1, 2024.
- LRI packets were taken off the website to avoid any confusion until further notice.
- Previous temporary Appendix K packets are available again on the website.
- The new LRI Employment Agreement is available on the website. The new agreement is effective March 1, 2024.
- New LRIs who already submitted their LRI packet need to complete the Appendix K Attendant Data and Employment Agreement forms. This does not apply to existing Appendix K Attendants.
- Since current LRIs may continue working and be paid during the implementation of the new LRI process, retroactive payments will not be required.
Updated I-9 Forms
As of November 2, updated I-9 forms are needed for any new Attendants in the program. All packets on the website are updated to reflect the forms and should be utilized going forward. Old I-9 forms may be accepted if the EOR signature date is on or before October 31, 2023, regardless of when it was received.
CDVA will mail W-2s to Attendants using the address on file as of December 15, 2023. Attendants should update their address with CDVA if they have moved. To update their address, Attendants should fill out the Attendant Information Change Form and email it to InfoCDVA@ConsumerDirectCare.com.
CDVA will mail W-2s on or before January 31, 2024. Once ready, Attendants can also access their W-2 online through ADP.
CDVA is sending Attendants bi-weekly reminder emails about W-2s.
DirectMyCare Web Portal Registration Update
DirectMyCare.com is CDVA’s secure website for Clients, Attendants, EORs, and Service Facilitators. Effective immediately, all new users will be registered automatically with DirectMyCare. They will now only need to complete the validation process. The registration process for Care Coordinators, Designated Representatives, and Service Facilitators has not changed. They still need to complete the regular DirectMyCare web portal registration. The official one-page instruction sheet and new video will be available soon.
Here are the new steps for the web portal validation process:
- Go to DirectMyCare.com, click Sign In, and then Forgot your Password.
- Enter the email address used on the enrollment packet. Click on Send Verification Code. Once you receive the verification code, enter the code and click Verify.
- Enter and confirm a new password and click Continue.
- Enter in the last four digits of your Social Security Number and click Continue to successfully log in.
Employer of Record 101
The Employer of Record (EOR) 101 one-pager is available under the Training Materials section of the CDVA website. This document provides an understanding of the EOR’s role and responsibilities.
To be eligible an Attendant must:
- Work an average of 20 hours per week or 90 hours per month.
- Have all time worked approved by the EOR no more than 20 days after the end of the quarter.
If the Attendant meets these criteria, they will earn one hour of sick leave for every 30 hours worked. Sick leave must be entered using the DirectMyCare web portal. Any Attendant with unused sick leave at the end of the fiscal year may carry over up to 40 hours into the next fiscal year. Sick leave can be used in 15-minute increments. Attendants may continue to use these hours during the eligibility process. Sick time balances for Optima Attendants rolled over to CDVA.
Update Agency Information
Service Facilitators must create a DirectMyCare web portal account to gain access to Clients associated under the agency. If there are any Service Facilitators who do not have access to the DirectMyCare web portal, please encourage them to register. The agency admin should advise CDVA of any Service Facilitators who should be associated with their agency.
Please be sure to update all agency information with CDVA. This includes emails, addresses, phone numbers, and active Service Facilitators within your agency. You can email InfoCDVA@ConsumerDirectCare.com to update any information on file.
CDVA Website Announcements
Please regularly check the Announcements section on the home page of our website for all upcoming or new announcements from CDVA.